Dell Financial Services Home Refurbished Off Lease Dell Computers & Accessories
Dell Financial Services : The Green Choice
Why Buy Refurbished? Dell is committed to maximizing the RE-USE or Recycling of all returned lease products. Dell Financial Services refurbishes and sells over 95% of all returned Lease systems into the secondary market. The remaining 5% of returned lease product is sold for Parts or recyclable materials (metal, glass, and plastic). Dell's goal is to become the greenest technology company on the planet. We believe it's important to consider the environmental impact at every stage in the product life cycle.
What is refurbished?
DFS Direct Sales, the online computer store from DFS offers quality off-lease Dell computer equipment for sale to the general public. This equipment has been returned to DFS from customer leases. DFS then selects the highest quality returning systems to go through a stringent visual and technical refurbishment process prior to making them available for sale to consumers. Refurbished computers are systems that are tested to ensure quality workmanship standards remain excellent. Refurbished products are visually and diagnostically inspected to ensure these items function. Refurbished systems may have some observable cosmetic imperfections, but they will not affect the performance. All refurbished products sold via www.DFSDirectSales.com include a 30 day total satisfaction return policy and a 100 day limited warranty.
What Does DFS do to be Green?
DFS constantly works to improve refurbishment processes; improving efficiency, reducing waste by-products, and perfecting methods of product re-use. Working so that no product ends up in a landfill. We have reduced the amount of packing materials we use by reducing the sizes of the boxes we ship our product in. This has resulted in a decrease of 20% on desktop packaging and 31% reduction on the notebook packaging.
"Plant a Forest For Me" and "Plant a Tree for Me" programs - With "Plant a Forest for Me," Dell has redefined the way businesses approach this challenge, enabling organizations worldwide to share best practices and, as partners, facilitate the planting of millions of trees in sustainably managed reforestation projects. With 'Plant a Tree for me," individuals may purchase trees to be planted to offset our carbon foot-printing.
Recycle - Dell offers an environmentally friendly method to dispose of outdated computer equipment that no longer has useful life. Dell is happy to accept any brand of computer, keyboard, mouse, monitor or printer. And Dell will pick it up.
Dell is now powering 100 percent of its 2.1 million square-foot global headquarters campus with 100 percent green power, the latest step in meeting the company's 2008 carbon neutral commitment. Dell is using all of the power generated from Waste Management's Austin Community Landfill gas-to-energy plant, meeting 40 percent of Dell headquarters' campus power needs. The remaining 60 percent comes from existing wind farms and is provided by TXU Energy.
What can you do to help ?
Turn off your computer when you are not using it - this helps conserve energy / electricity
Skip the screen saver - this conserves energy / electricity
Be a Smart Printer - only print what is necessary and if possible use both sides of the paper. Buy environmentally friendly printers, toner cartridges and paper.
Re-Use components - when purchasing a refurbished system, keep your monitor, keyboard and mouse from your existing computer.
Recycle your old computer - donate it to an organization or recycle it with a reputable recycler in your area
Recycle your bottles - these can be recycled into new flat panel monitors
All Dell refurbished computers, Dell computer systems and accessories are refurbished. Available used Dell computers and system configurations may vary. Refurbished Dell computers, Dell used computer products and supplies limited to stock on hand. No rain checks. Pricing, specifications, and availability valid in U.S. only and subject to change without notice. Taxes, fees, shipping, handling and any applicable restocking charges, other than free Dell shipping offers, if applicable, are extra and vary. Special offers on refurbished Dell computers not necessarily combinable. Dell deals and Dell discounts cannot be retroactively applied. For Dell Financial Services (DFS) LLC purchases only. The DFS site and special offers on refurbished Dell computers and used Dell computers contained herein valid only for end users and not resellers and/or online computer auctions. DFS cannot be responsible for pricing or other errors, and reserves the right to cancel orders arising from such errors. Due to Dell used laptop or Dell used laptop supplies being limited to stock on hand, DFS reserves the right to cancel any used Dell computer equipment orders in which the payment method used is not authorized within 2 business days of the order processing. Your Dell order is subject to cancellation by DFS, at DFS' sole discretion. If orders for Dell computer systems are cancelled by DFS, all Dell computer equipment, Dell computer parts and related item(s) will be returned to stock. * Excludes free shipping to Alaska and Hawaii